Thursday, March 11, 2010

Are Earthquakes On The Rise? - Part 1

We like to suggest that we know massive amounts of things about the planet we live on, but every once in a while Mother Nature reminds us who is in charge. The recent spate of earthquakes certainly is such an instance and raises the very real question of whether we are entering a time of increased seismic activity and, if so, what it means.

You and I have never met, but we may have shared a very surreal experience a few weeks back. I sat there on the weekend transfixed after the massive earthquake in Chile occurred. What were we both probably watching? Whether there was going to be a monstrous tsunami in Hawaii. It was so surreal that it was almost funny. I'll even admit I was disappointed at first when nothing much happen until I realized that a lot of people would have lost a lot of things.

To be continued...

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir - 2008